Tiled TMX/TSX and JSON map/tileset loader
cl-tiled is a Common Lisp library for importing TMX/TSX and JSON tilemaps and tilesets generated by Tiled. It aims to fill the same role as other engine-agnostic Tiled importers. Meaning it is not a renderer nor does it provide integration with renderers on its own. Instead it aims to provide an easy, logical way to read map data so it may be imported/rendered in whatever way you wish.
alpha quality. API changes to come. Mostly additions to missing features.
Note that as a current goal, this library aims to be feature complete, not fast nor space efficient.
- Full TMX/TSX and JSON reading support
- Support for embedded and external tilesets
- Support for embededd and external images
- API support for all layer, tile, object, and terrain types
- Full support for property objects with distinct data-types (string, number, bool, color, pathname)
- Orthogonal map support
- Defining API for isonometric, staggred, and hexagonal maps
- Make the library more efficient
- Modifying map and writing TMX/TSX and JSON files (if enough demand for this)
Please post any requests/bugs on the issues page.
- alexandria - general utilities
- asdf - building
- chipz - decompressing tileset and image data
- cl-base64 - Decode base64 binary data in XML text
- cl-json - JSON parser
- nibbles - Decode encoded/compressed tile data
- parse-float - parsing floats (xml data)
- split-sequence - split sequences (CSV type XML data)
- uiop - pathname handling
- xmls - XML parser
(use-package #:cl-tiled) (defgeneric render-layer (layer)) (defmethod render-layer ((layer tile-layer)) (dolist (cell (layer-cells layer)) ;; cell-x and cell-y for pixel positions ;; cell-tile for `tile' information ;; what image, which row/column within image )) (defmethod render-layer ((layer image-layer)) ;;layer-image gets you the relevant image to render ) (defmethod render-layer ((layer object-layer)) (dolist (object (object-group-objects layer)) ;; render each object according to type )) (defmethod render-layer ((layer group-layer)) ;;Render each sub-layer (dolist (layer (group-layers layer)) (render-layer layer))) (let ((tiled-map (load-map "assets/map.tmx"))) (dolist (layer (map-layers tiled-map)) (render-layer layer)))
- Wilfredo Vel?zquez-Rodr?guez <email@example.com>
- zlib/libpng License <http://opensource.org/licenses/zlib-license.php>