A library providing a clutch of utilities to make working with clsql easier
- single interface functions that make a best effort to read/write a date in (m)any formats
- convert-to-clsql-date(time) and
- simplified sql-expression interface
- clsql-or(s), clsql-and(s) and clsql-exp which make building where expressions easier
- clsql-mop help, find the primary keys of an object and query / test equality with these
- A basic sql pretty printer, so that the code printed from log-database-query , which uses the clsql printer and allows easily recording queries executing on a given connection
- coersion to/from clsql data types an value
db-object - class
Web Thread Safety - through dynamic connection binding
If you def-view-classes inherit from clsql-helper:db-object then they will never use stored database connections (from view-database slot) and instead will prefer the dynamic default-database.
Using with-database/with-a-database then become useful ways to interact with clsql in a multithreaded web environment.
Automatic Primary Key filling
While there is code in clsql to handle filling primary keys, I have never quite wrapped my head around it. Instead if you inherit from mssql-db-object or pg-db-object the db-objects will autofill single primary keys (from IDENTITY / SERIAL) Primary Key columns.
This is somewhat specific to how we design databases (most all tables have a single IDENTITY / SERIAL PK) and might not be applicable to all situations
- My company Acceleration.net is a significant contributer to clsql so I hope that some of these changes can be moved upstream eventually
;; Copyright (c) 2011 Russ Tyndall , Acceleration.net http://www.acceleration.net ;; All rights reserved. ;; ;; Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without ;; modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are ;; met: ;; ;; - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright ;; notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. ;; ;; - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright ;; notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the ;; documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. ;; ;; THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS ;; "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT ;; LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ;; A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT ;; OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, ;; SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT ;; LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, ;; DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY ;; THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT ;; (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE ;; OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.