CFFI wrapper around LZMA (de)compressor foreign library
This is a CFFI wrapper around a LZMA foreign library, compiled straight out of the official LZMA SDK C binary.
There is no portable Lisp LZMA (de)compressor because:
- the algorithm is complicated
- the LZMA SDK is very obfuscated code
- there is hardly any documentation for LZMA algorithm
- there is no known workforce that can rewrite this in Lisp.
- write a proper README, since the code seems to be working
on my machine
Right now, Windows, Linux and macOS x32/x64 binaries are provided. (32bit macOS binaries were not tested yet - if they work for you, please let me know.)
To compile your own:
- Install the official LZMA SDK from Igor Pavlov.
- Modify /C/Util/Lzma/makefile.gcc, add -fPIC to CFLAGS.
- Issue make, which will build all object files.
- Build the shared library file. On Linux, this is
$ gcc -shared -O2 -Wall -D_7ZIP_ST -fPIC -o lzma.so *.o- on other platforms, I bet you can figure it out.
- Put the file anywhere you want and load it with CFFI.
Credits and inspirations
This is based on https://gist.github.com/phoe/8cfdcb4f34e0584c703f1751072a7813 - a CFFI wrapper that I quickly hacked up.
This is based on https://gist.github.com/Treeki/f431a2ff44aff984590a97a5c09f6f28 which is a C interface to the LZMA SDK.